“So different and so new… Was like any other until I changed my attitude…” (to the tune of ‘This Magic Moment’ if you didn’t notice.)
This morning as we all face the alarm clock, what to wear, what to eat, sit in traffic, as we remember what a relaxing or exciting weekend we had. We walk into work looking at the first of 5 full days of 8+ hour shifts. Wow, doesn’t that sound like a drudge? Yes, all those things may be true. But if you just tweak the way you look at the day you may make things much better for yourself.
First: You have to be there so you should make the most of it.
- Tackle a work related project/task (or two or three) this week that you keep putting off.
- Avoid drama and negative influences (people, music, tv, internet sites, etc..)
- Choose a form of professional/self-development take an online course, look into a seminar, read a book or articles..
- Ask your supervisor how you’re doing. If that scares you and you know that you have troublesome areas, start making strides in the right direction (then ask).
Second: Most of need to work to financially support life.
- Since you are there you should make the best of it.
- Since you are there you should test and challenge yourself.
- Be aware of opportunities for growth.
Third: Monday doesn’t have to be the horrible day that society makes it out to be.
- Make Monday the first day for a new set of weekly goals.
- Reward yourself for your accomplishment on Friday.
- Make Monday your weekly “Jan 1st” we all love resolutions!
Remember, persistence breaks downs barriers! If you didn’t make it this week keep trying!
We welcome your feedback.
Contact us at CAT@anromaway.com or 317-4-ANROMA
(M-Sat 8a-6pm PST)
Make it a great day,
Margaret M. Hernandez
The ANROMA Way, Advisor