What is a social media strategy?
I’ll be succint. Social Media is a BIG animal. You can’t have an effective presence without some type of plan. There are hundreds of social sites and most of us are most familiar with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and others. Your social customers spend an average of 6 hours online per day.
First thing you have to know: Social Media is not going anywhere. The fact that people communicating with eachother online will not change anytime soon. So businesses should make sure they are a part of these conversations.
Here is a nice guide to help you start you Social Media Strategy.
- How can social media help your business?
- How are you currently marketing your business? How can this be translated to Social Media.
- Are you a product or service? Who is your target client and audience?
- Which social platform are they using?
Once you define who and what. Decide how you will execute your plan.
- How much time can you devote to social media?
- Who will be responsible to set up and manage?
- Use the information you gathered to create your plan.
- Create a calendar.
- Schedule your time.
- Here is a guide (suggested 5 hours per week) to help you schedule. ANROMA Social Media Guide
- The plan you created should be something that can be duplicated weekly.
- Modify based on the direction you want your audience to take.
- Do not let your presence slip away.
- Let this be a reliable platform where you audience can reach you.
- In the ANROMA Social Media Guide you’ll notice a section about “Setting Goals”
- Define for you, how you want to measure your social media results.
- Analytics, Likes, Follows, CheckIns, interactions, promotion results, etc…
- Seek to grow by engaging with your audience.
- Don’t simply throw out information. Engage with other people, pages, and feeds.
- Grow your social presence by meeting other social friends.
- When you meet people at networking and other events – connect online as well.
If you have further questions you can direct them my way connect@socializeLA.com.
Thank you for reading. Follow our social links below!