Customer Service isn’t simply answering a question and sending a shopper/client on their way (atleast not always). Businesses must value their customers by offering assistance, expertise, suggestions, and help if anything goes wrong. And customers expect to be treated friendly, courteous, and with respect. Here are some tips for business owners, retail, sales people, and your employees. Enjoy!
1. Remember your objective: Make a connection and Make a sale.
2. Treat every call/customer as if they are the only, the best, and the most anticipated of the day.
3. Listen. Listen. Listen. What are they saying? What aren’t they saying?
4. Look for opportunities to make suggestions and find new sales.
5. Use the complimentary tools that you are given to make customers happy.
6. You are the expert. Be confident. Offer your expertise.
7. You are the advocate to the customer. To help them understand your product – get the most out of it – all so they keep coming back and tell their friends.
8. Treat your customers with respect.
9. Job security- if servicing your customers is part of your job responsibility – be sure you are doing your very best. Companies care about their customers and if you do to – that’s a great thing to be known for!
10. Be ready! Don’t neglect calls, emails, and customers in general.
**11. Look for sales opportunities!
Friends, it’s to your benefit to have happy customers (even if you don’t own the business). Happy customers complain less and offer less problems. Therefore you have a happier day when you give excellent service. Trust me I know what I’m talking about. 🙂