Social Media FAQ:
- Buzz word of the decade right?
- Has marketers and business owners pondering how this fits in for their business.
- A place where people tell you what they had for lunch, share an uplifting quote, posts multiple photos of themselves, etc…
- A place to post links to your website, blog, and news.
- Gives us the ability to check-in and review our favorite retailers.
- Allows brands to engage with clients, potential clients, and the community around them.
The Paths of Social Business
In today’s article I will briefly identify these 3 categories. Under these categories your business will have a better understanding of what your social business is doing for you and what it isn’t doing for you.
- Sales Teams
- Organization of Pipeline
- Likely Channels (Vary based on industry, target, goals)
- Tradeshow Sites
- Trade Blogs
- Facebook, Pinterest, Google Plus
- Marketing Teams
- Brand Visibility
- Brand Monitoring
- Social PR
- Market Research
- Competitor Research
- Social Signals Matter to Your SEO
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization & Social Media Optimization
- Email Marketing
- Keywords, page rank
- Paid Advertising
- Likely Channels
- Company Pages (Vary based on industry, target, goals)
- Company wide use
- Customer Service
- Customer Feedback
- Review/Brand Monitor
- Buying Cycle
- Listen to you customers online behavior
- Communicate with your: customer and community
- Engage and Be social
- Leverage Social CRM tools (NimbleCRM)
How are these 3 connected?
Here are 3 examples of thousands!
- Your sales team is whole heartidly selling your product. Prospect goes online (as 90% of people do before they purchase) to find further research on your company, WHAT ARE THEY FINDING? Have you published a blog, do you have a community of happy followers? Are they finding absolutely nothing? A prospect can LIKE KNOW TRUST you even before they meet you because of your social media.
- Your customer loves your product, are you giving them a platform to tell you that?
- Your customer leaves a negative review on yelp about your company. Are you monitoring your brand to find these problems so you can address and correct them?
Why am I sharing this?
I want my friends and colleagues to understand the benefits of a true social business plan. Whether your plan is basic or complex. Creating your plan with your goals, target, and industry in mind – is the key. With so many Social Media voices, I hope you find clarity in this one. Need more convincing that Social Business is real?
- Identify your social business team
- Identify your target
- Identify your channels
- Create Goals
- Create Your Calendar of Social Business Events, Actions, and Tasks
- Track your progress
- Create a monthly ongoing meeting
- Get creative
- Do you need help with this? Call us 626-710-4221
I hope this helps!
If you have any questions you can reach us:
Have a great day! Be sure to sign up for our monthly edition of Socialize Your Brand!
Margaret M. Brown
Founder, The ANROMA Group